Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lord have mercy on my rough and rowdy ways

The Head and the Heart.
I've had their self titled album since February.
And as I ease (slowly, I might add) out of my Ceremonials stage, I have rediscovered this folky little gem. Particularly one song that has lulled me to sleep for the past couple nights. In a good way:


And so good live right?
A quick story:
I traveled to Israel this summer throughout the end of June and all of July (see previous post).

Two negatives about this amazing, life changing experience (that I am so grateful for):
1. I missed the Friday Night Lights series finale
2. I couldn't be in Newport, RI for the last weekend of July for the folk festival

Some things you should know:
Though I do not live in Rhode Island, I spend many summer days every year on my grandfather's sailboat in Newport, RI.
Very close to Fort Adams, the site of the Newport Folk Festival.

Observe:

Fort Adams right behind my brother's knee.
My brother, who is jumping of my grandfather's sailboat. 
So close!

Take a guess at the 2011 lineup.
That's right, among others (Tegan and Sara, the Decemberists, Freelance Whales, Delta Spirit!) I missed an almost perfect opportunity to see The Head and the Heart.

Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my Israel trip for anything in the world, but you should know that I plan on not only attending the Newport Folk Festival next summer, but seeing the Head and the Heart live at some point.

Because they are so good. And as I listen to their recently released itunes session album, I can't help but gush about how much I am enjoying their music right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment